Tuesday, June 23, 2009



Well, today is the first day in my little 30 day challenge in which I am struggling for inspiration to blog. So what was my first move? What any modern-day, internet-savvy individual would do. Naturally, I googled "topics to blog about". This took me to "24 Things to Do When Stuck for a Topic to Blog About"

I'll admit that this is a pretty common (and extremely lazy) method that I have chosen when I find myself tired of thinking. I kid you not, I have googled things like "What should I get Marky for our first Valentine's Day?" "What should I name my son?" "I think my baby is crying too much. How do I make him stop?" and "How do I help my client with Schizoaffective Disorder?"

Scary huh?

While Google may not be the proper venue through which to find that perfect gift for a new boyfriend or to create a treatment plan for a client, it has assisted in this blog.

And so for that, I thank you Google in all your colorful and holiday-themed glory. You have brought me one day closer to my goal.

And who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll even have the energy to try one of the suggestions of things to do when stuck for a topic. But then again, just maybe the inspiration will return...

2 comments:

monica noel said...

and i quote:

"google is my BEST FRIEND... besides people... and caely..."

gosh, i love you :).

Lindsey and Mark said...

Ha:) I wondered if you would recall that quote. And Caely is definitely no longer on the best friend list (sorry mom) so google has moved up in ranking.