Friday, June 26, 2009

Low and High

One of the summers I worked at Springhill Camp, the staff had this tradition of going around the table at dinner and sharing their "low point" and their "high point" for the day. It was a chance to vent about the annoying and express gratefulness for the good. So...

Today's low: Trying to unload a grocery cart at the checkout of a busy Walmart while holding a cranky baby who refuses to let me put him down but also insists on weighing 24 lbs and being ridiculously squirmy.

Today's high: Enjoying a delightfully cool evening in the backyard with my dad (he just got in town this afternoon), Mark, Lucas and Duchess (dad's black lab)--while watching the last two mentioned individuals get acquainted:) I think they're buddies now.

1 comment:

Half Thoughts said...

I am thoroughly enjoying these daily blogs linds. keep going.
jo