Wednesday, November 30, 2011

13 and a half months

Ok, back at it. Its been 13 and a half months since my last blog, which annoys and frustrates the heck out of me but, hey, at least it hasn't been 14 months!

I had plans to put "start blogging again" on my New Years resolution list. But then I thought, "wait a minute, I'm enjoying this season of life a pretty darn lot and I want to document it, dang it!" So here I am. No resolutions. No promises. Just going for it.

So, let's see, 13 and a half months. I feel like I need to catch the cyberworld up on the Meyers comings and goings over the last year + 1 1/2 month....

Late December: found out we were pregnant!
January: Some unkind nausea (like I never had with Lucas).
Early February: Announced it to the grandparents.
Late February: Interviewed for an Adoption Counselor position at ECFA
Early March: Went by myself to visit my dear friend Monica in Lima, Peru.
Late March: Its a girl!
Early April: I'm offered the adoption position!
Mid April: Mark gets an offer from his old boss to work for him as an Associate after graduation...we're gonna think about it...
Late May: Mark graduates!! Graduation party at our place to follow.
Early June: Mark accepts the job in Denver
Late June: Mark lives with friends in Denver for 5 weeks while working part-time and studying for the BAR exam. I put in my notice at work.
Early July: Hunky Dory!
Late July: Mark signs a lease on a house in Denver. I have my last day at ECFA. Mark takes the BAR exam. Mark returns to IL. We pack up. Mom throws me a baby shower.
Early August: We move to Denver.
All of August: Unpack and get ready for baby girl.
September 5th: Riese Adele Meyers makes her appearance 2 days before her due date. She's beautiful in every way.
Mid September: My mom and then Mark's mom and sis visit to help out and meet baby girl.
September thru current: Mark and I get used to this phenomenon of parenting more than one kid.
Mid October: Mark passed the BAR!!!!
October 20th: Lucas turns 3! Rocket ship b-day party. The only way to celebrate a 3 year old boy.
Early November: Me and the kiddos visit family in IL.
Mid November: Mark gets sworn in and is officially an Attorney!
November 24th: Celebrate Thanksgiving with our friends The Neuhausels.

And that pretty much brings you up to speed. Now, when I say this, don't get me wrong because the past year has been filled with joys and blessings...BUT...I would not wish that much change and transition in such a short period of time (see late May thru Late September) on my worst enemy.

We've survived and recovered. Although I may be experiencing the slightest bit of PTSD symptoms after writing this post. So that should do it for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is really nice and interesting, Thanks for sharing me.
TestKiller
CertKiller
Exam Questions
Test Papers

Unknown said...

http://ourlittlecharmedlife.com/2013/07/4th-of-july-3/#comment-78965

Unknown said...

I was just passing through and was impressed by the quick transitions that you have made in your life recently. Thank you for sharing and I wish you all the best!