Wednesday, October 15, 2008

in this moment

Well, its the day after my due date. The infamous "4th trimester". I feel like I am living in this inexplicable surreal state outside of the normal space-time continuum. Every moment is filled with this knowledge and anticipation that it could be Mark and my last of life as we have always known it. I saw the Dr. yesterday and if this little guy doesn't come on his own, we're going in to the hospital this coming Monday morning to "encourage" him out--5am. So this time next week, we will be the proud proud (and a bit frazzled) parents of a beautiful baby boy. wow. I am a little giddy and a little scared thinking about all that day and the coming weeks and months will hold. How do I begin to process the emotion, love, pain, and exhaustion like I have never known that is ahead of me?

Any ideas or suggestions of how Mark and I should spend next Sunday (also known as the last day before the first day of the rest of our lives)? Then again, the little man may decide he wants to come this evening and I won't have to answer that question...the anticipation continues...

Thank you for all your prayers and phone calls. It has been seriously amazing. Mark and I have been reminded of God's goodness through the incredible relationships with which He has filled our lives. Just feeling a bit sentimental these days:)

5 comments:

Maggie said...

apparently we were reading each other's blogs at the same time! :)

WOW, day after the due date!!!!! what a crazy beautiful place to be, i can't even begin to imagine what is going through your hearts and minds right now.

this little boy is going to be SO loved and blessed and celebrated. what a lucky little guy, to have parents like you and marky!

i wish that i had some good advice for how to live it up in these last moments before parenthood begins, but i think you guys are there. you are already parents. my vote is for the little guy to come out asap so you can get a look at his little face and touch his little fingers and toes sooner rather than later so you can officially begin this role you are so ready for.

i hope i get to meet him soon! maybe christmas?!

krickardblog said...

Wow! So exciting and so close! I think you should go clubbing on Sunday to commemorate the last day of your non-parent status. You know, just to remember all that clubbing you did before you were parents :-). Hmmm..on second thought...maybe you should just get a full night's rest!

I am so excited and happy for you guys - keep the blogs coming so I can stay updated so far away!

Love to you both!

Anonymous said...

SLEEP!! :)

Kim said...

I vote art project, make something that reflects the creation God gave you to take care of... how fun would it be to look back on. Whenever I do a painting, I can usually pin point to the detail what I was thinking, or watching or listening to when I made that mark on the canvas. I know it's a bit cliche coming from an artist, but Linds you like pretty things and how fun would it be to hang in the little guys nursery!

JBD said...

baby?