Wednesday, September 10, 2008

'tis the season to have a baby

With the freshness of Fall in the air, there's no question about it. I'm having a baby soon. I remember back in February when we first saw that little heart-stopping pink line on the pee stick. After the initial shock-joy-elation-shock-fear-shock, I went online to one of the thousand highly reliable baby websites and checked my due date.

October.

Fall. My favorite season. Fall is infused with memories of the anticipation of going back to school with those great new sweaters and cords, carving pumpkins, intramural football, baking pies, seasonal decorating, lazy sunday afternoons with the dull hum of football announcers in the background. Yes, it was a long summer indeed. With anxiety and worries about jobs, school, finances, and living situation at every turn (and I mean EVERY turn)it is a season that I'm sure I will look back on in 15 years with fond memories of how "we had to look to God for our strength" and "Mark and I had to lean on each other for support." But for the next 14 years and 364 days I think I will just be ranting about how much it sucked. Seriously, it sucked. Minus some good memories made with family that is.

But the summer is over now. My favorite j. crew jacket is out and working miracles once again even with my limited and sad maternity wardrobe. I love that jacket. Pumpkins and halloween candy are being sold at the grocery store. And this year, all these signs mean one thing...its just about time to have a baby. 5 weeks to go. The thought of caring for a human life is both invigorating and utterly and completely terrifying. 'Tis the season. The child birthing classes have been had, the move has been made, my back has been unrelentingly aching and my belly looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. Yep, its just about that time...

3 comments:

EmilyJaneAllen said...

So, when do we get to see more pictures of your gorgeous pregnant self?
Emily Allen

Maggie said...

tis the season indeed! i about wet my pants with excitement the other day in starbucks when i realized it pumkin spice latte time again!

and you are going to make GREAT parents! that is one lucky kid :)

i'm glad the jcrew jacket still fits over the full blown baby belly. those things are important, too.

JBD said...

first of all I DID wet my pants with excitement "the other day in starbucks when i realized it pumkin spice latte time again".

and true story: i love that the moment i make an effort to find out what old friends are up to, i find that you are weeks away from having a baby. haha. amazing. i love you guys. i would tell you all that. in person. quote me.